Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 April 2012

Pork Fillet with a Rosemary & Sage stuffing

I have memories of eating this quite a bit when I was younger so when I wanted to make something for Easter dinner this came to mind. The stuffing that I used is different than my regular basil one. This time I used Rosemary & Sage as they compliment the pork perfectly.

I was unable to find any bakers string so I took out a needle and thread to test those home economics skills when I wanted to bind it together. You wrap the pork up completely in Ton Foil & place in the oven for 50 minutes…you open it up for the last 10 minutes. Then let it stand wrapped in the tin foil before you serve it.

Also my apologies for the serious lack of photos at the end but in my haste to serve the Easter Dinner I completely forgot to snap the final product but you can trust me it was delicious. I serve it with Potato Gratin, Cauliflower with White Sauce, carrots, gravy and of course homemade Apple sauce.

Serves 6

Ingredients


2 medium sized Pork filets
8 slices of one day old white bread
Handful of Rosemary & Sage (fresh is always best but dried also works)
2 onions
1 clove of garlic
150g Butter

Cooking utensils

Oven dish
Tin Foil
Needle & Thread (bakers string if you can find it)
Food Processor
Frying pan
Sharp Knife
Chopping Board


Preparation

- Finely chop your onions, garlic and also your herbs


- Cut down the centre of your pork filet, you want the filet to be an even size all across

- Remove the crusts from the bread and blitz in a food processor

Pre-Heat oven to 180C


Cooking

- Saute your onions in a medium heated frying pan with 50g of your butter.
- After 5 minutes you can now add your garlic and cook onions until they become completely translucent.

- Now add the remainder of your butter and remove from heat. You now want this butter to melt completely
- Add in all your breadcrumbs to the buttery onion mixture and coat completely
- Now add all your chopped herbs to the mix

- Put and even amount of breadcrumbs in the centre of each pork filet. You now want to press down on the breadcrumbs as you bring the pork together.

- With your needle & thread sew the pork together.

- Wrap completely in tin foil and place in an oven dish in your preheated oven for 50 minutes

- After 50 minutes open up tin foil and cook for a further 10 minutes. Baste the pork in the juices before you put back in the oven
- When finished remove juices for the gravy and wrap pork in tin foil for 5-10 minutes before serving


- Serve with your own selection of vegetables, potatoes, apple sauce & gravy

ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails