Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 June 2012

Kure na Paprice (Chicken Paprikash)

GROUP A: Czech Republic

The best thing I have found with undertaking this journey into all of the Cuisines from the European Championships is the new techniques and recipes that I have learned along the way. This recipe is one of those. Normally when I find a recipe I always tweak it and give it that Food Devil twist but when it comes to this little project I purposely have tried to find very traditional recipes and then not change the techniques as then you can really learn something.

With this recipe I really just love its simplicity. Its just onions, bacon and chicken with some paprika & water. When chicken is cooked remove it and then mix in the sour cream/flour combination and you have a delicious gravy/sauce. I served it with potatoes. The Polish potato pancakes would also work really well here.

You really have to try this one, I know for me it will now become a regular in my Kitchen.

For the World Cup Kitchen I cooked a Slovakian Goulash Soup which was very very tasty

Serves 2/3

Ingredients 


3 breasts of chicken
1 medium sized onion
125g bacon bits
½ teaspoon paprika
Salt & Pepper
350ml (1.5cups) Water
125ml (1 cup) Sour Cream
2 Tbsp white flour

Cooking Utensils
Chopping Board
Sharp Knife
Saucepan
Wooden Spoon
Small Bowl

Preparation
- Cut Chicken into even sized pieces
- Finely chop your onion
- Mix together your flour & Sour cream

Cooking/Method

- In a sauce on a medium to high heat slowly cook your onion & bacon for approx 5 minutes.
- Add your paprika, chicken, seasoning & cook for a further 5 minutes until chicken is browned. Add water and cover.
- Cook at a simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
 

- Remove Chicken from pan and stir slowly in your sour cream & flour mixture.
- Simmer your gravy for 5 minutes until it thickens up. Add your chicken.
 
- Serve with potatoes or polish pancakes or whatever you fancy really!

DOBROU CHUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails